International Affairs Office of Altai State University
International Affairs Office of Altai State University was set up in 1992 to coordinate and develop international cooperation in educational, research and cultural spheres. By that time the units of the University (e.g. Faculty of Sociology, Faculty of Geography) had already established relations with foreign universities, its faculty had taken part in international exchange programs.
At the present time the Office is headed by Prof. Valery V. Nevinski, pro-rector for International Affairs. Tatiana A. Rubtsova is responsible for work with foreign students and for information work. Ekaterina V. Chetoshnikova works in the Office as an assistant.
The Office holds annual meetings with the representatives of international funds and organizations which provide scholarships and other financial support, administrate educational and scientific programs. They are IREX, ACCTRL, DAAD, Institute of Open Society (Soros Foundation), the Central European University, Tacis/ Tempus Programs, to name a few. Every year up to 40 students, faculty members and employees get grants, scholarships and other financial support for studying abroad, conducting research works, taking part in international conferences, seminars and so on. More than 30 foreign researchers and students visit the University annually.
International Affairs Office offers you the following services:
- studying English, German and Russian as a foreign language in the Foreign Languages Center of Altai State University;
- searching for information on international grant and scholarship programs;
- assisting in filling out application forms for participating in international programs;
- research partner searching;
- sport and recreational tourism programs in Mountain Altai guided by experienced instructors from the University.